I was uptown both yesterday and today. Yesterday, I took a bus up for a re-check on my left eye. Before our trip to El Salvador, I encountered a Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD) for the first time. Over the last month the dark floaters and dust have disappeared but the eye still seems a bit like looking through a dirty lens. The eye doctor had me in for three eye drops and five minutes to ensure there was no retinal detachment. All checked out okay. Then today, Jay and I drove uptown to pick up some groceries. In both cases, the weather was excellent without a cloud in view. I get excited when this happens because the sky seems so blue here.
One other accomplishment, or something that feels like one: we completed the online applications for our Brazilian visas. We will stay for December 2026 through February 2027. The government of Brazil offloaded the service to a third-party online provider. I cannot say I was too impressed with the results. However, we did manage to get through the process and pay the pricy fees. Next, we shall have to wait an indeterminate amount of time to hear back.

