
I grabbed a bus uptown yesterday as it seemed simpler than either walking up the hill or driving and parking. My goal was a 10:30 appointment for a free hearing test at Connect Hearing! on Belmont Street, right near the new park area. One must appreciate the efficiency of a quick transit ride when the alternative involves an unnecessary physical struggle with gravity.
The results from the clinic are exactly what one expects at this stage of the journey. I have a slight hearing loss in my left ear. This diagnosis comes merely a week after seeing the eye doctor to complain about visual floaters. It appears my biological hardware is slowly failing its routine warranty checks.
I am clearly starting to fall apart in 2026. The sheer friction of maintaining a human frame is exhausting. It is a good thing I have an extensive archive of photographs, as I may soon need them to remember what the world actually looks and sounds like.
