Our final day on board was spent entirely at sea, cruising southbound through the Inside Passage. A soft mist hung over the water for stretches, but it was certainly not without views, giving us plenty of intermittent glimpses of the coast throughout the day. Thanks to modern satellite navigation systems, the ship glided quietly along without needing a single blast from a foghorn. I kept track of our exact progress down the channel using the blue GPS dot on Google Maps, watching our steady course home.

Having a full sea day at the tail end of a voyage is a wonderful way to close out the trip before we pull into the cruise terminal in downtown Vancouver tomorrow. It creates a comfortable buffer, letting the entire week settle in before stepping off the ship. We enjoyed a relaxed final lunch on board and packed up our stateroom at our leisure, enjoying these last peaceful hours on the water.
I often think about how very lucky I am. With Jay, we can plan and execute just about any travel itinerary we can envision. This cruise popped up as a last minute chance, and I feel so deeply appreciative that we were able to take up the unexpected voyage.