I needed new printer ink again. It more likely dried up than was used up. I don't do a great deal of printing. I am not sure how long I had my old HP Deskjet 932C. I recall comparing it to a model we had at work. That may have been in our original office, so it well could have been the late 1990's. Although the inkjet had been around for years, I seldom used it. I had printed lots of DVD labels; however, most of my printing used to be for work. Rather than burning through my own ink cartridges, I used to wait to print at the office.When I recently noticed I needed more ink, I was considering how stupid it is to pay over $50 the colour and black ink. I would occasionally refill the cartridges as that's better for both the pocket and the environment. Although I didn't print much, it still seemed like I would run-out several times per year.
Today, I saw the little Brother laser in the weekly sale newsletter from my computer store. The Brother HL-2140 seemed perfect. First, being a laser printer meant lower costs per page. Colour was more annoying than useful. The only time I noticed having the ability to print colour was when printing out an info. page from the Internet. Also, this Brother was the exact shape I wanted. It holds 250 sheets inside but would fit on the bottow shelf of my computer desk. Finally, it was selling only $66.
While researching the product and reading reviews, I noted that it was only $3 more at the New Westminster Best Buy. I went right at the 10:00 opening time, and brought one back. Who knows, now that printing is cheap and convenient perhaps I'll do more!